Resources at the Ocular Research Center
Lions World Vision Institute supplies some of the world’s largest and most prestigious institutions and ophthalmic companies with an unsurpassed quality and volume of research tissue including Rutgers, Emory, Singapore Eye Hospital, Moorfields London, Alcon, Allergan, Bausch & Lomb, Novartis, and Genentech.
Tissue preparation services include:
- Dissection of normal and diseased tissues within 8 hours of death.
- Preparation of whole globes and tissue samples for fixation, flash-freezing, or in RNAlater.
- Histological processing of tissue samples for paraffin or cyrosectioning.
Other on-site research includes:
- Long-term culturing of full-thickness retinal explants.
- Culturing of primary ocular cells: trabecular meshwork, retinal pigment epithelial cells, corneal endothelial cells, laminal cribrosal cells.
- Perfused anterior chamber culture model of aqueous outflow.
Lions World Vision Institute Ocular Research center can offer our clients on-site facilities for:
- Research lab space for advanced equipment and advanced equipment and technical expertise to support the client’s needs.
- Custom on-site experiments using human ocular tissues under greatly reduced post-mortem time intervals.
- An anterior chamber organ perfusion system that allows long-term (7-10 day) examination of the human aqueous outflow system.
- Retinal organ culture system allowing for experiments on ex vivo retinal explants.
For further information please contact our team: Research@LWVI.org